HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974
This is the Health and Safety Policy Statement of
SPLATKIDZ PAINTBALL & LASER
Powerpulse Products Ltd
Our statement of general policy is:
• To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities;
• To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety;
• To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment;
• To ensure safe handling and use of substances;
• To provide information, instruction and supervision for employees;
• To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training;
• To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health;
• To maintain safe and health working conditions; and
• To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
Signed: …J Sosta………………………………
Date: …May 2018…………………………………
1. Overall and final responsibility for health and safety if that of Jacqueline Sosta (Director).
2. Day-to-day responsibility for ensuring this policy is put into practice is delegated to Pasquale Sosta.
3. To ensure health and safety standards are maintained/improved, the following people have responsibility in
the following areas:
4. All employees have to:
• co-operate with supervisors and managers on health and safety matters;
• not interfere with anything provided to safeguard their health and safety;
• take reasonable care of their own health and safety; and
• report all health and safety concerns to an appropriate person (as detailed in this policy statement).
HEALTH AND SAFETY RISKS ARISING FROM OUR WORK ACTIVITIES
Risk assessments will be undertaken by Jackie Sosta
The findings of the risk assessments will be reported to either Jackie Sosta or Pasquale Sosta. Action required to remove/control risks will be approved by Jackie Sosta. Pasquale Sosta will be responsible for ensuring the action required is implemented. Jackie Sosta will check that the implemented actions have removed/reduced the risks. Assessments will be reviewed every 6 months or when the work activity changes, whichever is soonest.
CONSULTATION WITH EMPLOYEES
Employee representative is Jackie Sosta. Consultation with employees is provided by Jackie Sosta.
SAFE PLANT AND EQUIPMENT
Jackie Sosta will be responsible for identifying all equipment/plant needing maintenance. Jackie Sosta will be responsible for ensuring effective maintenance procedures are drawn up. Jackie Sosta will be responsible for ensuring that all identified maintenance is implemented. Any problems found with plant/equipment should be reported to Jackie Sosta. Jackie Sosta will check that new plant and equipment meets health and safety standards before it is purchased.
SAFE HANDLING AND USE OF SUBSTANCES
Jackie Sosta will be responsible for identifying all substances, which need a COSHH assessment. Jackie Sosta will be responsible for undertaking COSHH assessments. Jackie Sosta will be responsible for ensuring that all actions identified in the assessments are implemented. Jackie Sosta will be responsible for ensuring that all relevant employees are informed about the COSHH assessments. Jackie Sosta will check that new substances can be used safely before they are purchased. Assessments will be reviewed every 6 months or when the work activity changes, whichever is soonest.
INFORMATION, INSTRUCTION AND SUPERVISION
Health and safety advice is available from Essex County Council.
Supervision of young workers/trainees will be arranged/undertaken by/monitored by Jackie Sosta. Jackie Sosta is responsible for ensuring that our employees working at locations under the control of other employers, are given relevant health and safety information.
COMPETENCY FOR TASKS AND TRAINING
• Induction training will be provided for all employees by Pasquale Sosta.
• Job specific training will be provided by Pasquale Sosta.
• Specific jobs requiring special training are:-
Briefing customers on safety issues
Site safety procedures relating to safe area and gun area.
Marshalling procedures with regard to customer and staff safety
• Training will be identified, arranged and monitored by Jackie Sosta and Pasquale Sosta
ACCIDENTS, FIRST AID AND WORK-RELATED ILL HEALTH
• The first aid box is kept at Splatkidz Paintball, Sprawls Farm, Essex, CO63DN, and at Dragons Lair, Kelvedon Hatch, Essex. On Game Days the first aid box is on site and readily available should the necessity arise.
• The appointed first aiders are Jackie Sosta and Danielle Sosta.
• All accidents and cases of work-related ill health are to be recorded in the accident book. The book is kept at Splatkidz Paintball, Sprawls Farm, Essex, CO63DN and at Dragons Lair, Kelvedon Hatch, Essex. The accident book will be kept with the first aid box on site.
• Jackie Sosta is responsible for reporting accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences to the enforcing authority.
• To check our working conditions, and ensure our safe working practices are being followed we will carry out inspections and assessments at regular intervals and action and document as necessary.
• Jackie Sosta is responsible for investigating accidents.
• Jackie Sosta is responsible for investigating work-related causes of sickness absences.
• Jackie Sosta is responsible for acting on investigation findings to prevent a recurrence.
EMERGENCY PROCEDURES – FIRE AND EVACUATION
• Jackie Sosta is responsible for ensuring the fire risk assessment is undertaken and implemented.
• Escape routes are checked by Pasquale Sosta every 6 months.
• Emergency evacuation will be tested every 6 months.